Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,500 people, BlueLinx offers thousands of products from suppliers all over the world to service over 10,000 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business through a vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
The Utility Position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of warehouse tasks in support of material handlers.
- Manually piece pick product to assemble/stage orders
- Put away/store material in accordance with warehouse location system
- Breakdown units and perform material cutting, re-banding, shrink wrapping, labeling
- Support material handlers in unloading inbound trucks and rail when directed
- Support material handlers in loading outbound trucks or order checking when directed.
- Perform facility housekeeping; light maintenance; and other warehousing duties as assigned.
- Operate motorized equipment (lift truck, order picker, sweepers, and other equipment as assigned), shear, chain saws, and other powered or electric hand tools
- Normally works Monday through Friday schedule
-Safe and stable work history
-Experience in warehousing or manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended period
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to read/comprehend sales order, purchase orders, safety material,etc
-Knowledge of loading/unloading/storage requirements
- Forklift experience desired; ability to learn safe operation required