Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx, is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing over 1,500 people, BlueLinx offers thousands of products from suppliers all over the world to service over 10,000 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The Company operates its distribution business through a vast network of distribution centers located throughout the U.S. BlueLinx is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BXC.
Position Purpose Summary:
Responsible for safely driving BlueLinx tractor trailer trucks to efficiently and accurate deliver products to customers. Responsible for safely operating all equipment related to driving, loading, unloading, and maintenance.
Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Pick up and deliver freight
- Tarp/secure load as required
- Insure safe and timely loading/unloading of product
- Maintain daily safety checklist and perform all required inspections
- Maintain electronic logbook
- Update On-board Computer as required
- Maintain trip reports
- Manage Proof of Delivery Paperwork from customers
- Communicate/interact with customers
- Other duties as required.
- Monday thru Friday work week
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s license
- 18 months of recent tractor trailer driving experience, preferably flatbeds
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Safe Driving Record: Including no DUIs in last 7 years; no more than one preventable accident
or one violation of motor vehicle laws within the year preceding application
- Physical ability to secure/tarp loads
- Good customer service skills
-Ability to read customer orders, safety regulations, on-board computer
- Criminal record is taken on case-by-case basis.